1 whole chicken
1 cup Chinese cooking wine (shadowing wine)
1/2 cup dark soy sauce
1/2 light soy sauce
3 star anise
3 cloves garlic
1 knob ginger
1 bunch spring onion
1 red chilli
1 bunch bok choy
1 bunch Choy sum
1 bunch broccolini
Rice noodles or thin egg noodles
1. In a large pot combine, shoaling wine, dark soy, light soy, cloves, star anise, orange peel (3 pieces), garlic, half the ginger and 3 spring onions. Place the chicken in the pot and cover with water. Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Cook the noodles in boiling water and divide into bowls.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot and turn the heat up to reduce the sauce. Remove the orange peel, cloves and star anise. Remove all of the meat from the chicken and divide between the bowls.
4. 5 minutes before serving, add in all the veggies and simmer until cooked. Add to the bowls.
5. Finely slice the rest of the ginger, red chilli and 2 spring onions to garnish the soup with.
Season with a chilli sauce for some extra heat!